Each organization, including its employees and other researchers under its control, requesting and receiving mouse products from the MMRRC ("RECIPIENT") agrees that products such as ES cells, germplasm, vectors, mice, descendants of those mice derived by inbreeding or crossbreeding, including unmodified derivatives of those mice or their descendants ("MATERIAL") shall be used for non-commercial biomedical research purposes only. The above MATERIAL is being made available by the DONOR, through the MMRRC, to the RECIPIENT as a service to the research community.
- THIS MATERIAL IS NOT FOR USE IN HUMAN SUBJECTS, INCLUDING FOR PURPOSES OF DIAGNOSTIC TESTING.
- The MATERIAL obtained from the MMRRC by the RECIPIENT will not be further distributed to others or bred for fee-for-service purposes for a third party. The RECIPIENT shall refer any request to the MMRRC.
- If the RECIPIENT creates a substance which contains/incorporates the MATERIAL (“MODIFICATION”), the RECIPIENT will not transfer the MODIFICATION to others without the written consent of the MMRRC. The RECIPIENT may transfer a MODIFICATION to others for biomedical research purposes only under the separate Letter of Permission to Transfer MMRRC Strain provided by the MMRRC.
- The RECIPIENT agrees to acknowledge the DONOR of the MATERIAL and the MMRRC in any presentations and publications reporting use of the MATERIAL.
- Any MATERIAL delivered pursuant to these Conditions of Use is understood to be experimental in nature and may have hazardous properties.
- THE DONOR AND MMRRC MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AND EXTEND NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT THE USE OF THE MATERIAL WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. Unless prohibited by law, RECIPIENT assumes all liability for claims and damages it incurs against it by third parties which may arise from the RECIPIENT´s use, storage or disposal of the MATERIAL.
- When the RECIPIENT is a for-profit organization, the RECIPIENT shall hold harmless, defend, and indemnify the U.S. Federal Government, the DONOR, The Regents of the University of California, the University of Missouri, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and The Jackson Laboratory against any claims, costs or other liabilities which may arise from the RECIPIENT's use, storage or disposal of the MATERIAL.
- The RECIPIENT agrees to use the MATERIAL in compliance with all applicable statutes and regulations, including, for U.S. RECIPIENTS, applicable U.S. Federal statutes and Public Health Service policies for the use and care of laboratory animals (see 7 USC 2131 et. Seq.). Non U.S. RECIPIENTS agree to adhere to all applicable governmental standards for humane care and use of animals and assures the MMRRC that it has appropriate animal care and use policies in place. The "Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals" and "Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals" are examples of acceptable standards for humane care and use of research animals.
- The MATERIAL is provided by the MMRRC with a transmittal fee solely to reimburse the MMRRC for its preparation and distribution costs (excluding freight charges). Charges for freight shipping must be paid by the RECIPIENT.
- Acceptance of the MATERIAL by the RECIPIENT shall be deemed agreement to these Conditions of Use.
Revised April 1, 2014