SANGER: Genome Research Limited, operating as Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute.
MMRRC: Mutant Mouse Regional Resource Centers.
MMRRC CENTER: Facility/Institution storing and shipping MMRRC material(s).
MMRRC ICSC: The MMRRC Informatics, Coordination and Service Center.
MMRRC CC: The MMRRC Coordinating Committee responsible for accepting and assigning incoming mouse strains.
RECIPIENT: Scientist and Scientist’s organization requesting and receiving MMRRC material(s).
- In response to RECIPIENT’S request for the Mouse Stock(s) derived from the Sanger Institute Gene Trap Resource and/or related materials (“MATERIAL”), the MMRRC CENTER requires that the RECIPIENT agree to the following before the RECIPIENT receives the MATERIAL.
- The MATERIAL is the property of SANGER and is made available through the MMRRC to the RECIPIENT as a service to the research community.
- THIS MATERIAL IS NOT FOR USE IN HUMAN SUBJECTS, INCLUDING FOR PURPOSES OF DIAGNOSTIC TESTING.
- The MATERIAL will be used for internal non-commercial research purposes only.
- The MATERIAL obtained from the MMRRC CENTER by the RECIPIENT will not be further distributed to others. The RECIPIENT shall refer any outside request for the MATERIAL to the MMRRC. To the extent supplies are available, the MMRRC shall make the MATERIAL available, under a separate Agreement, to other scientists.
- The RECIPIENT agrees to acknowledge SANGER and the MMRRC in any presentations and publications reporting use of the MATERIAL. Other than as set out in this Agreement, the RECIPIENT agrees not to use the name of SANGER in any advertising, publicity or other promotional activities, without SANGER’s consent.
- All intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, design rights, copyrights, database rights, rights in confidential information and know-how and the right to apply for patents) and all results, data and discoveries arising out of the use of the MATERIAL by the RECIPIENT shall belong to the RECIPIENT. SANGER and the MMRRC shall have no right or license in respect of such intellectual property rights, results, data and/or discoveries.
- “INVENTION” shall mean a patentable invention developed by the RECIPIENT in the course of using the MATERIAL that relates directly and principally to the MATERIAL itself. If the RECIPIENT files any application for a patent in respect of an INVENTION, the RECIPIENT agrees that it will not assert such patent to prevent SANGER and MMRRC from continuing to distribute the MATERIAL to third parties for non-commercial research purposes.
- Any MATERIAL delivered pursuant to this Agreement is understood to be experimental in nature and may have hazardous properties. SANGER AND MMRRC MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AND EXTEND NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SAFETY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR THAT THE USE OF THE MATERIAL WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. Unless prohibited by law, the RECIPIENT assumes all liability for claims, losses, costs and damages brought against it by third parties, which may arise from the RECIPIENT’s use, storage or disposal of the MATERIAL.
- The RECIPIENT agrees to use the MATERIAL in compliance with all applicable statutes and regulations, including, for U.S. RECIPIENTS, applicable U.S. Federal statutes and Public Health Service policies for the use and care of laboratory animals (see 7 USC 2131 et. Seq.). Non U.S. RECIPIENTS agree to adhere to all applicable governmental standards for humane care and use of animals and assures the MMRRC Center that it has appropriate animal care and use policies in place. The "Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals" and "Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals" are examples of acceptable standards for humane care of the use of research animals.
- The MATERIAL is provided by the MMRRC CENTER with a transmittal fee solely to reimburse the MMRRC CENTER for its preparation and distribution costs (excluding freight charges). Charges for freight shipping must be paid by the RECIPIENT.
- Acceptance of the MATERIAL by the RECIPIENT shall be deemed agreement to these Conditions of Use.
Revised: April 1, 2014 Return